Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Super IRRITATED

So, I'm not that much of a complainer. If I get mayo on my sandwich in a resturant, I'm not one of those who complain. I don't call companies and complain if the service is less than adequate. However, today is the day I'm going to rage at Direct TV. I don't want to. I really want to be nice, but they have made me sooooooooooooo mad. (Sorry Betsy).

It all started about 3 months ago. We asked them for a DVR and they told us they didn't have any in stock. Okay. Whatever. So they said they'd call when the did. Yeah, right. I finally called them (thanks for Betsy) to ask them about it. This was about 3 or 4 weeks ago. They got one all ordered up for me and it couldn't be here until the 29th of Sept. Yesterday. So good deal. We got it all scheduled up for yesterday between 12-4. (see previous post) Kyle had his doc appt yesterday so my awesome Dad came over to wait for the tech to come. The tech ended up calling and telling my Dad he was running 3 hours late and would be here about 5ish or so. I told my dad to leave and Drew rushed home to wait for him. The tech called back, talked to Drew and said he couldn't make it. (UGGGGG) Drew scheduled it for today between 12-4. No biggie. I was going to really call and complain because of that. Drew talked me out of it. I was still mad because I waited for 2 1/2 hours and then it was my Dad's time and and gas as well. This morning I took Lucy to preschool and came home and saw that there was a message from a tech from Direct TV. The message said that he could come out earlier. HURRAY! (just wait though) I called back and he said that someone took over his route so they'd be out shortly. I said my husband didn't know that I had a doc appt today when he scheduled and I either need to reschedule, or have the tech come out before 2:00 today. A man in the background said that we'll get someone over right away. No biggie. THEN-the tech called back and said that they couldn't do it. And that they didn't have the DVR in stock. What...excuse me??? What happend to the one that they ORDERED for me?? The one that they were suppose to bring yesterday???? There was a crotchity old lady in the background communicating between me and the tech and she said they couldn't "accomodate me at this time" WHAT?!?!?!?! So I asked him if there was a direct number to customer service I could call so I wouldn't be on hold for an hour to talk to someone. I had lots of complaints. I told him the story. I felt they they have given me the run around. They said they didn't have the MPG (or something like that) DVRs in. That is the upgraded one I guess...??? And they won't get them until October 20th. ???????? &%)*@&*$ I am soooo mad. Not only have they wasted my time. They wasted my Dad's time. My husband's time. And this was suppose to be taken care of 3 months ago. Then 2 months ago. Then a month ago. Then yesterday. When I called today to cancel the appointment if they couldn't be here by two, that is when they started in with the whole, "we dont' have the upgraded MPG DVRs you are suppose to get" So I feel like they've given me the run around because I "canceled" today. Uh...you were suppose to be here YESTERDAY. AND with my ORDERED DVR. Anyway, I'll call later this afternoon, I'm sure be on hold for an hour, and I'm sure I'll get some kind of compensation for it. I mean come on. I either better get another DVR for free, or I better get it for free and a credit to my account. This is ridiculous. Normally we love Direct TV. This sucks.

3 comments:

Sara @ Our Best Bites said...

Dude, we've been through the same run-around. Don't even bother talking to the customer service people- they just make up excuses and say they can't do anything. Ask to speak directly with a supervisor and get something or leave their service. That blows!

Mary said...

I hate Direct TV. We had them when we lived in Florida. Our satellite got knocked out during a hurricane and 4 months later they still hadn't come out to fix it, but they were still charging us! I agree with, talk to a supervisor. Good luck!

Alli Blue said...

Ugh, now you have me all tense and irritated. I can even feel the muscles in my shoulders! Get em TIGER!