Monday, September 29, 2008

My Kids

With all the exciting things that have been happening in MY life lately, I've kind of forgotten about my kids. Well, not really. But I haven't blogged about them.

Kyle had his 2 months well check appt today. He's a big boy. He's 13 lbs and 23" 75% for weight, and 29% for heighth. He better catch up on his heighth. I"m not too worried. Lucy did the same thing. Now, she's our bohemoth girl. Daddy and I are really mean. It's her nickname. We try not to say it too much around her. She is going to grow up and be bullemic or anorexoic or something. Ugggg. Anyway, Kyle is sleeping well and he goes about 6 hours or so on average. Sometimes it's 7 (ahhh heaven) and sometimes it's 3. He wakes up after his long span, eats and then goes back to sleep for about 3 more hours. Then wakes, eats and goes to sleep for another few hours. I love his tired cry. It's the cutest cry in the whole world. He got his immunizations today and he is not feeling so hot tonight. He's actually fussing right now so I better make this quick.

Lucy is doing great. She is a great big sister. Huge helper. She got her stitches out today. She was a very brave girl. It hurt her a little because the skin grew over. I was diligent about keeping them clean but the last few days, I was slacking. She only cried for a few minutes and forgave Dr. Godfrew pretty quick when I told her we would get a sucker at the end. I cannot believe she'll be 3. It's ridiculous. She has been really whiny lately. I don't know if it's due to an attention thing, or age thing. She cries really easy the last few weeks. She has become bossy also. She is used to getting bossed around but after Kyle, she realizes she is a big sister and can be a boss too. Her poor friends. She loves to read books and she can actually read a few words. She writes her name. Pretty legibly infact. We are working in the "y"

I count my thousands of blessings with my children. At the doc's office today, there were about 3 severely handicapp children that came in. There was a little girl who looked like she had half a brain because her head was kind of in half. Hard to explain. There was a super rambuncous boy who I thought was way too out of control, but obviously he had some learning and maturity issues. I am so thankful for healthy kids. I even grabbed Lucy's hand at one point and kind of squeezed her hand to thank the Lord that I have her. And I looked down at Kyle's head and saw that he had a full skull and he was sleeping soundly away. What we take for granted. I love my children so much and again, am so grateful they are healthy and happy.

Well, Kyle has had it in his crib. I'll bring him in our bed tonight so we all can get some sleep. Poor little boy. He just looks at him like "Why Mom, why?" He has that look on his face that he just is so sad. Breaks my heart.

3 comments:

Sara @ Our Best Bites said...

ohhhh I'm so jealous of your sleeping baby! O is such an angel I can't complain, but that sleeping thing? Ya not so much.

And how cool is Lucy for writing her name?? Tyler is still working on a circle, hahaha. Probably because his father is suppressing any artistic abilities by not allowing any sort of drawing implements in the house, lol. That really is awesome. Go Lucy!

The Ditts Fam said...

Kyle is a great sleeper. He slept from about midnight last night until 8 this morning. It could be because drug induced. Not by me, but by his vaccinations. Poor 'widdle guy.

Lucy is pretty good. Sometimes she writes it really well, and most of the time she is silly and starts drawing other things instead of her name. Buggin' Lucy is my little artist. Infact, I'll have to take a picture of the drawing she did in nursery of me and Kyle and Daddy. It's a crack up. I'll post it on here later. She draws smiley faces really well. For some reason, she's obsessed with them.

RedWarthen said...

Welcome to the whiney 3 year old girl stage. I've heard it doesn't end any time soon:( Good thing they are so cute between times so we can forgive them the whining (eventually).