Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Still Around

I'm still here. I promise I will do better to post. I've been superbly stressed and busy. I really have no reason to complain because there are a few people I can think of that deserve to be stressed. I feel like I'm on a verge of a breakdown, but I'm holding it together for now.

We were going to have a birthday party for Lucy on Saturday. Her birthday is tomorrow and we are going to Chuck E Cheese. Then I was going to have a friend party for her on Saturday. However, we are foregoing that due to various reasons. We decided to just invite family and a few of her playmates to Chuck E Cheese tomorrow night and call it good. Her cousin is going to be coming over on Saturday for a fun sleepover party and Lucy is fine with that instead of her "Shrek" party. She is satisfied with Chuck E Cheese as well. I'm just going to make some Shrek cupcakes to take so she'll think that is her Shrek party. :) I'm such an evil mom! She'll never know the difference. Boo at the Zoo is Saturday so we'll maybe go to that instead.

I'm incredibly indecisive and after driving around for a few hours today in search of Shrek stuff, none was to be found. No party invitations, no pinatas, no party favors, no decor. What happened...??? A few months ago, I saw Shrek stuff everywhere. Now that I need it, it's no where. Shrek must not be the "in" thing anymore. My daughter needs to catch up. Ha ha. So after stressing and stressing, I decided that I was doing the party more for me and MY friends, and decided to just forget it so I wouldn't lose my mind. It seems like such a stupid thing to lose a mind over. But quite honestly, I was about to. My friend Trudy probably thinks I'm nuts as I was tearing up over these stupid party plans. We were trying to figure out what I needed and she was so awesome to come help me decide on a few things. She really can think I'm nuts after this! ha ha But it wasn't just the party. There have been a lot of things going on in our life that is stressful, and it's been hard. So instead of having my daughter suffer with an insane mom for the next few days, I decided to make an executive decision and I said "screw it." :) So onward and forward!

I have a million pictures to post. Well, okay, not a million. That would REALLY be insane. But I will get around to posting them. We went to a birthday party at Planet Kid and I took some cute pictures of the kids. Then Drew had to go and use my camera. I'm sure he deleted some of those pics because those were the most current and I didn't have a chance to put those on my computer. Ugggg. So maybe you'll get Planet Kid pics, maybe you won't. It's a mystery until tomorrow when I get my memory card back from Drew.

I'll be taking a bunch of pics for Lucy's OFFICIAL birthday tomorrow at Chuck E Cheese. I LOVE CEC. Let me tell you how incredible they are. Last year they were so accomodating and they really did some special things for Lucy even though we didnt' book a party through them. I hope they will be as awesome tomorrow. I need to write a letter. Suck up a little. :) Maybe we'll get some free things. ha ha. But seriously, they were incredible and I highly suggest having a party there! Even if you are an adult, go for broke man. Get out there. It's where a kid can be a kid! :) Although the pizza sucks.....but who goes there for the pizza...??? BTW-does anyone remember when it was Show Biz Pizza? Those were the days. I remember having a birthday party there once. "Bob" I think his name was, he kind of creeped me out. His nose was falling off.

No comments: