Friday, October 3, 2008

Name Anxiety

(See poll to the right) I went through the same thing with Lucy. I wasn't sure if I liked her name and even at a year or so, I went through another little "freak out" about her name. I'm doing the same thing with Kyle's name now. It's normal for me, so I'm not too worried. I care WAY too much about what other people think also. When people ask me what my kids names are, I ofcourse tell them. Their response is "Ohhhh, I love the name Lucy. It's sooo cute." And with Kyle, it's "Oh." Most the time. Just "Oh." Maybe it's because it's not a super common name and it's a name people don't hear as often as Jack, or Samuel, or Alex (all names we considered). Maybe people just don't like that name. I know one of my family members (not on my side. :)) wasn't too fond of it. It's a nice normal name to me. I've always liked the name Kyle. I know a few Kyle's who are awesome. But now, I'm freaking out if we should change it. Ugggg. I'm almost hesitant to write this on here because I don't want to change it, but I need to know if it's just a lame name. I look at him, and there are times he's totally a Kyle, and there are times I'm not sure it fits him. I like other names, but I just haven't found any other names that I like better or that I would use on him. At any rate, give a shout out to his name. Help this poor, crazy, anxiety ridden mother. Like I said, I probably won't change it. And I don't even know why I'm asking, because if it turns out that no one likes it, I'm really going to be a mess. I have lost sleep over this. Let me sleep!!!

I also don't know how people make decisions. :) I'm can't make decisions (apparently). I go to McDonalds and sit there staring at the menu for 15 minutes, only to order the same thing every time. So I don't know how people name their kids while they are pregnant and stick with that name. I can't name my kids until they are born. And even then, I can't name them until we are signing out of the hospital. If Drew hadn't said "we aren't leaving the hospital without our kids' named," they would still be baby 1 and baby 2. Seriously. I also think it's a tad too late to change his name now. He's almost 10 weeks. Lucy is very satisfied calling him Kyle. So maybe that is just how it is and I need to get over this whole anxiety thing.

4 comments:

Alli Blue said...

LEAVE IT! At this point if you name him based on his characteristics now it would have to be something like.... Cutie Pie, or Handsome Devil, or Captain Chubby Cheeks! It is a great name. Just like Lucy, AND Pyper and Drew...Kyle is perfect! Strong too!

Sara @ Our Best Bites said...

Dude, you are so...Pyper, lol. It's a GREAT name! Don't be all freaked out because people don't go ga-ga over it. It's because it's a totally NORMAL name, and I mean that in a good way! It's great, he's darling, so relax :)

The Ditts Fam said...

You are great Sara. I need your brain functions. :)

Alli-Now I've shown you how really crazy I am. :) Thanks!

Laura said...

His name is Kyle, he was blessed as Kyle, let him be Kyle! It's a great name stick with it!