Sunday, October 5, 2008

Breast Cancer Awareness Month

Just a reminder that October is Breast Cancer Awareness month. So do your self exams, and get your mammograms if you are at that point. My mom is a SURVIVOR!!!!! So I know how important it is to catch it early, and to get those tests done. Especially if it runs in your family. I saw on Oprah the other day that they are really pushing for early detection and having mammograms early if you are high risk. They were talking about 35ish. There are also tests that can be done that insurance does not cover. Especially if you have dense breast tissue, you might need further tests to see if there are any abnormalities. So I hope they push for insurance companies to pay for those necessary tests. Christina Applegate had a double mastectomy. She was 36. Scary.

So be proud to wear pink this month!!!! I know there are a few people who will be remembering some loved ones this month.

2 comments:

Sara @ Our Best Bites said...

You need this!

http://www.save2ndbase.com/

The Ditts Fam said...

I totally want it!