Friday, October 3, 2008

I Spoke Too Soon

My bragging about my son sleeping 6-8 hours every night has jinxed me. The last 2 or so nights, he's been having a very unrestful night. As have we. I'm not sure his problem. We are bad and sometimes during the day, we put him on his tummy. He stays asleep that way for about 2 hours or so. Sometimes 2 1/2 - 3 hours. I don't know what is going on. He's got a bad falling reflex. You know, the reflex where babies are completely asleep and all the sudden their arms and legs flail. It wakes him up every 5 minutes if he's on his back. This is what he's been doing at night. We aren't going to put him on his tummy at night. That just makes me too nervous. I bet once he starts rolling over, he'll be a tummy sleeper. Lucy was. Until then, it will only be about 4 or so total hours of sleep for us. Anyone have any tips? BTW-it could potentially be teething. I know I know, 10 week baby, teething. Whatever. But there is a little white thing on his upper gum It's not sharp, and it's not red. So I highly doubt it's a tooth. But maybe it's the gum that is white before a tooth comes. Lucy teethed super early. I think she had a tooth at 3 1/2 months that was all the way through. So we'll see. I don't know what to do to get this kid sleeping again. All I know is that I need a goodnight sleep.

4 comments:

Sabrina said...

I think you need to swaddle him up tight. Then he wont wake up from startling himself. Just a thought! And on the name thing, it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks! It's YOUR son and you named him Kyle, end of story. He is a darling Kyle!

Joleen said...

Swaddle him!!! And tight! Devin had that problem too. It worked for him.

The Ditts Fam said...

I'm going to try it. We swaddle him, but leave his arms out so the blanket is right under his armpits. He likes to sleep with his arms up and one fist by his face. However, I need some sleep as does he, so tonight, he's going to be mummy man. Thanks for the advice gals!

Laura said...

I know this is probably to late, but Parker had the same thing. I agree with all the "swaddlers". Swaddle him back up again.