Sunday, October 5, 2008

Halloween

I'm so excited for October. I love it. It's my favorite month I think. I love Halloween, and the spirit of the season. I love Fall. I love the leaves changing, and the smells and sounds and the crispness of the air. I just love it. I was excited to put Halloween music on my playlist and love my background. So fun!! I love the movies. Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown is classic. And all the "scary" movies that come out. Ones that I thought were soooo scary when I was little and now they are kind of goofy funny/scary. I love the music and decorations. I can't wait to start buying stuff after Halloween to start for next year. I've told myself every year that I will buy things half off or 75% off the next few days after Halloween so I can have it for next year. I haven't yet. I will this year. I have a few things but this is one of those Holidays that I actually decorate for, and love to go all out. Our first year in this house, I totally went all out decorating. I had spider webs everywhere. I want to go semi-all out this year. We'll see how far I get. :)

For Halloween, the kids were going to be bees and Drew and I were going to be bee keepers. But now Lucy is totally stuck on being a cat. I don't know where she got the idea from. Infact, I've been saying that a lot. Where she picks up on things. It's amazing how "sponge-y" they are at this age. Anyway, so if I can get her to wear her super cute bee costume, that is still the plan. But if she is still screaming about being a cat, we might have to just give in. I'm trying to get her excited to be a bee. We might have to rent Bee Movie again and see if that does it.

I love taking Lucy trick or treating. She had so much fun last year. She ran from house to house. We invited a couple and their little girl over last year for dinner and trick or treating. I'm such a loser face and I STILL need to give her pictures. Wow, it's almost been a year. And we both have had additions to our families. I need Katie's new address. So if anyone has it, let me know through email.

Here are some pics from last year. We looked awesome. Poor Lucy had to be Scooby Doo. It was sad that I made my little girl a dog. Oh well. I just wanted to be Velma really bad. I've had these stupid orange tights and orange turtle neck forever and finally I thought, let's do it. Let's just be the gang. I was going to have Lucy be Daphne but couldn't find a small enough costume. And I wasn't going to pay 50 bucks for one. So, Scooby it was. I hope she'll forgive me. Drew made a great Shaggy also. :)



So what are you going to be? Do you dress up? What are your kids going to be? What are your favorite Halloween traditions?

4 comments:

Joleen said...

Are talking about Katie Greene? Email me if it is- I have her email address. :D
We are all going to be Star Wars characters this year! We'll see how that goes!
The year Karina wanted to be a cat- I made Devin a mouse. I put him in a gray sweat suit, bought mouse ears and sewed a pink semi circle on his sweat shirt. I think I made a tail too. Super cute!! Then I wore a long sleeve white button down and made myself a badge that said "Animal Control"

Steph said...

Pyper! It's Steph, just saw the link for your blog off of Jan's. So excited to read about your family. Congrats on your new addition (I think Kyle is a really cute name.) Mylie is almost 4 and we have a baby boy too, Blake, who is 8 months old. I don't think I have your email address ... if you email me (jsbreach@hotmail.com) I'll add you to our blog list (its private). Can't wait to catch up more! Big hugs.

The Ditts Fam said...

Steph!!!!! Courtney told me you had a baby what, about 8 months ago! That is the last time we emailed each other. :( I felt stalkerish 'cause I think I freaked her out by saying she was on my mind. :) Anyway, I'm so glad you guys are still around. I can't believe how fast time has gone. Are you still living where you were? I like to keep anonymity as much as possible. ;) Anyway, I'm so glad you commented. I'll email you for your blog link and we need to get together for lunch soon!

Jo-That is a brilliant idea with the cat and the animal control. I think I might rip off your idea if Lucy is adament about being a cat. Thanks! You rock!

The Ditts Fam said...

Oh and Jo, yes Katie G. Email me her address. I think I have their old one, but I'm not sure it's the same. I feel so bad about these dang pics.