Wednesday, February 4, 2009

So Funny...More Crying Woes

I just think this is so funny. Why am I crying? I've actually come to the conclusion that I cry when I'm all around happy. I'm a pretty happy person for the most part. And lately, I've just been satisfied with myself. Not my house, or my laundry problem, or with my scripture studies etc, but just happy with being me. So I cry at happy things. When I'm depressed, I don't cry. Weird. Anyway, I totally DID NOT cry at The Notebook. I have no heart I guess. But what do I do last night...??? Bawl when Shanon from Biggest Loser carries Sione across the floor. Weird...I'm so awesome.


So, why am I crying....? Because I'm happy. I'm all around happy with myself, my marriage, my kids, and all the things that will be important in the next life. I don't have a million dollars, or even a hundred right now. I don't have a home with granite countertops and it's not on an acre lot. I don't even have a whole lot of decor in my home. I don't dress up all the time and look 100% stylish. I always have clothes on the floor in my bedroom or bathroom. So what?! I'm happy. :) (this week anyway lol) No really, I am though. I'm satisfied with who I am. I like me. I'd be friends with me. :)


So being satisfied with yourself is a HUGE thing in the LDS community. Especially being a woman and feeling like you have to "do it all." Sew, cook, have your food storage, tie quilts, scrapbook, read your scriptures every day, pray with your family etc. It's overwhelming. Well, my friend Beth gave a seriously awesome talk last night at Enrichment. (shout out to BETH!) The biggest words I could ever hear from her was "Let It Go" I wrote it down and I"m going to paste it to everything I own. ;) Instead of focusing on the few things that I can't do, or don't do, I'm totally focusing on all the things I do wonderfully. I don't want to sound full of myself or anything but I'm actually good at a lot of things. A "Jack of all trades, master of none" if you will. Everything I try, I'm pretty good at. Now, I don't master it by all means and I'm not the best, but if I try it out, I'm usually pretty adequate. So, I'm totally focusing on that this year. So I'm going to "Let It Go" that I don't weigh 120 pounds. I'm going to "Let It Go" that I don't cook gourmet meals all the time, or have a spotless house, or that I have a mountain of laundry to put away. Hey, at least they are CLEAN! :)


Another thing Beth said that I loved was that in the Eternities, the Lord isn't going to ask about the scrapbooks you have, or the "castle" cakes you baked for your daughter, or how many quilts you tied etc. He's going to ask you about your relationships with others. LOVE THAT. Thank goodness. I'm safe. :)


So thanks to Beth and Angie as well for the wonderful Enrichment last night. I'm totally writing down my laundry goal. Ugggg. :) Angie, thanks for all the wonderful inspiration you talked about last night about meeting a goal and not feeling overwhelmed with the 15,000 goals I have. Let's start with one!

2 comments:

Kim said...

Thanks for sharing what was taught at your Enrichment!! I have been feeling totally inadequate lately with all of the goals I want to achieve and the "Let it go" really helps!!! Jake & I are currently living with his parents because we lost a bunch of money on our house down there, I am trying my darndest to fulfill my responsibilities in my callings at church, take care of my kids and teach them everything I know, lose weight (AGAIN), eat healthier etc. and I am going to take on your attitude!! Let it go be thanful for who I am and what I have and smile about it!! Thanks for sharing what you learned in Enrichment!!!

The Ditts Fam said...

Hey there. Does that mean you are back in this area??? If you are, lets get together (serious)! I'd love to hang out!