Saturday, February 14, 2009

HAPPY V DAY!

Happy Valentine's Everyone. Today was a super low key day. We aren't big on Vday. I mean, it's all fun and stuff, but we refuse to go all out and spend the money on flowers, chocolates etc. Don't get me wrong, I'm a romantic. My husband CAN be a romantic. When he wants to be. But we say we would rather do something special for each other on a day we choose that is a surprise, not a designated day. Plus, they jack up the prices on everything. :) So anyway, good 'ol hubby surprised me today. I already knew what he was going to do though because I'm just a genious. I always guess stuff. He didn't mention anything to me about this, but I just knew. Anyway, he got me a gold necklace awhile ago. (I mean like, years...) Well it broke but I kept it because the same thing happened to my other silver necklace and I got it fixed. So he got it fixed for me! I was super excited. I love it. It's little and thin and it just fits me perfect and it's not gaudy flashy as I am not. For my birthday, when I was pregnant with Lucy, he got me a pearl pendant to put on the chain. And ofcourse, I haven't been able to wear that since my necklace broke. I loved it!!!

I am a dork, and didn't get my hubby anything. We agreed to go out to dinner next week and have our date then when the crowds are not so ridiculous. I'm going to get him some marionberry balls that are his favorite for next week's date. Plus he's like, "Vday is totally a girls day. Guys don't need anything." Ahhh...let's my guy! lol And, I'd rather get him his marionberry balls when he least expects it!

So today, I took Lucy to her little friend's Vday party. SO cute! Great job Trudy!!! I'll have to post pics when I get them off my camera. Then, I came home and Drew went to run the dogs. He got home and we decided to go look at some houses. Then we went to Fuddruckers. And then, to Krispy Kreme. Yeah, not such a great day of eating in our house. Oh well.

That was our Vday. Fun, low key, and just right. We are tight on money so we definitely weren't going to go all out and get flowers and chocolates etc. We didn't even get the kids a valentine. We'll get them Monday when it's all 75% off!!! :) They won't even know the difference.

No comments: