Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Laundry...My Nemisis

Why do I hate laundry so much? Is it the folding...the hanging....the clean smell? Okay, it's not the clean smell. However, I do hate laundry with a passion. No, I don't hate it, I loathe it. It's not the doing it, it's the putting it away. My laundry room currently has about 5 loads to put away. I get caught up, then I think I won't do another load until the load in the dryer is put away. And then I'll say, "Oh, I can just do it tomorrow." Tomorrow turns into the next day and the next day etc. until I just become overwhelmed and we live out of our laundry room when we need to get changed/dressed. My daughter comes to me in the morning to get dressed and she unfortunatly knows to go to the laundry room. There was one time where I was actually caught up and she was yelling at the top of her lungs in the laundry room. Why? She was frustrated she couldn't find her clothes. Love that.

So if any of you have any brilliant tips to getting my laundry done in a timely manner, please share.

PS I actually got up this morning and picked up my house and put some things away. But I sit here now, wasting away time on the stupid computer instead of folding and putting away clean clothes. Everytime I walk by the laundry room, I hesitate. Thinking I'll start, but then I just scrunch up my nose in disgust and hurry on by, ignorning the mountainous pile. It reminds me of Pee Wee's Big Adventure. When he's saving the animals in the pet store and he keeps walking by the snakes with that look on his face. The look of REALLY not wanting to. That is the look on my face everytime I walk by my laundry room. :)

5 comments:

Jen said...

I often fold while I watch tv...but then you still have to sometime put it away!

Hollie said...

I crank up the music and fold while Caleb dances on my bed (where of course all of the clothes are). My nemisis is cleaning the bathrooms or not so much the bathroom... just the tub. I hate it!

Steph said...

I hate laundry too! I usually wait until my girls are in bed to fold it and then watch tv or something.

Steph said...

Wait, did I write this? Because I TOTALLY could have!

The Ditts Fam said...

There are two Steph's just FYI. lol

I am sitting here...watching TV. Kids are in bed. Yet, there are still piles of laundry to be put away. One day....one day.