Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Fah who for-aze! Fah who dor-aze!

Welcome Christmas, come this way!!

K-if you don't know where that is from, you are a GRINCH. Get it...anyway. I LOVE Christmas. Almost as much as I love Halloween. There is a spirit in the air and I love the music and the smells and giving. I really do love to give rather than recieve, however, my list is quite long this year. Good thing we make TONS of money so I can get all the things I want right?! Now who is the Grinch? Just kidding. I'm going to ask Santa for a panini grill, some indoor soccer shoes, a SIZE 5 soccer ball. (I had to cap that for Santa. I have a size 3. Uh...we play with size 5 dude), and a good vaccumm (help me again Morgs :)) I know what Santa is getting Drew and the kids. However, Santa has not gone shopping at all yet. His little Elf's haven't started making the toys for the kids and he's going to be heading out right on the deadline and cut it awfully close to the eve of Christmas. (that is when Santa get's paid). So it's going to be an interesting holiday. We have yet to put up our tree. We get a real tree every year. I love it! Nothing beats the smell. And if you wait about 3 days before Christmas, you get a really good deal. Well, hopefully this year we will be more on the ball. I need to put away my pumpkins and leaves and then it's out with the Christmas decor. When I'm done, it's going to look like Jolly 'Ol Saint Nick threw up in my house. So fah who for-aze fah who dor-aze indeed.

I got this super cute tag from a friend's blog. (thanks Steph) I totally ripped it off because I wasn't "tagged" persay. So here it is. Feel free to rip it off as well. It's a fun little questionaire.

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? BOTH! Depends who it is to.

2. Real tree or artificial? Real all the way

3. When do you put up the tree? Uh...see previous script. About 3 days before Christmas. Just kidding. Right after Thanksgiving usually. That weekend. We are crack-a-slackin' this year. And it's a LAW to not put up your tree until Thanksgiving is OVER people. :)

4. When do you take the tree down? Around New Year's Day

5. Do you like Eggnog? Quite the fattening little drink. I do like it sometimes. I have to be in the mood for it. Drew loves it.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? Probably my rollar blades or my Grape Escape game.

7. Hardest person to buy for? Drew's dad.

8. Easiest person to buy for? Kyle :)

9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yeah, somewhere. I think it's a pretty piddily one.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail for sure. However, due to budget cuts, we are foregoing sending this year. Sorry. E-cards it will be if I get around to it. Don't feel bad if you don't get a card.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Ummmm Drew is going to laugh. My tennis racket. Why you ask?? Because Drew gave it to me the first Christmas (6 years ago) after we were married and it's still not strung. My fault really because I could just go get it strung, but I just haven't ever.

12. Favorite Christmas movie? A Christmas Story DUHHH! Just kidding. Probably
Love Actually or Just Friends. Or any of the old classic cheesy animated with clay ones.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Umm...December 20th or so.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Ofcourse!

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Sara's peppermint cookies things that she refuses to give out the recipe. :) I'm not sure if she's still keeping it to herself, but she made it up pretty much and needs to take it to some place for a contest so she can win a million dollars. It's THAT yummy. I also get highly addicted to Reindeer Crunch.

16. Lights on the tree? Yuppers. Who doesn't put lights on their tree?? Weird question.

17. Favorite Christmas song? O Holy Night and Mary Did You Know.


18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay home. It would be different if we lived away from our families but we are both Boise natives (well, in a sense).

19. Can you name all Santa's reindeer? Yup. Ofcourse with the song. I use to think it was Donder instead of Donner, and Cupit instead of Cupid when I was a wee little tyke. Who came up with all those silly names anyway?

20. Angel on the tree top or Star? Star

21. Open presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning. Like most fams, we open jammies on Christmas Eve. Well the kids do.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Rude people.

23. Favorite ornament? I'm not sure I have one. When I put up my tree, I'll let you know.

24. Favorite Christmas dinner? Ham and all that yumminess of the usual feast.

25. Favorite Christmas cocktail? My new love is Wassil. Gma Jan made it and it was DELISH!

26. What do you want for Christmas this year? Again, see previous script. I want indoor soccer shoes, a vacccummmmm (ha ha Morgs, hey that is like three shout outs!), and a panini grill. OH, and a million dollars.

27. What don't you want for Christmas this year? Coal.

28. What is something you have never done that you want to do for Christmas? Go to Hawaii. I agree Steph.

29. Who is the most likely to respond to this? I'm guessing EVERYONE because it's way cool.

30. Who is least likely to respond? Umm..see above. Everyone will respond to this dangit.

So that's it. Pretty fun eh? Now get going with your answers.

2 comments:

. said...

Drew loves egg nog! that's it, next time i see him he's getting a chop to the neck! (which would be for his making fun of me bringing some egg nog to enjoy to the flag football championship game, which Drew won btw Pyper...hope he got some lovin' for that)

The Ditts Fam said...

Ha ha. Umm egg nog at a football game. I'd make fun of you too. :) It's called GATORADE! jk ha ha Umm...he totally got lovin' for it. When was it? lol rofl sc ;)