Thursday, November 13, 2008

I've Been MIA

I've basically been MIA because November is doing a repeat of October in being that it's one trial after another. I'm sure there is a greater plan to all this madness and a few lessons to be learned. We'll all look back and laugh one day....

Well, I guess the latest and greatest news is that Lucy broke my sister's LG LCD HD 42" TV. Yeah, lots of abbrev. in there aren't there. I was over watching my sister's kids while they took their oldest for a birthday date. They were watching Kung Fu Panda and Lucy decided to hit the TV with a toy light saber. Anyway, it's a pretty dang spendy TV and I have no idea how we are going to pay for it. I'm sooo not worried about paying them the money and making it right. I'm just worried HOW we are going to do it. I've called our Home Owners Insurance and in our policy, it looks like there will only be $500 at most to be put towards it. My sister called theirs, but I'm not sure what they said. So at any rate, it's going to be a pretty penny and hopefully there will be a quick solution. Drew said "Well, that's a trip to Disneyland." *sigh* Let's say....STRESS!!!

Let's see....what else has been going on lately....? Lucy had a sleepover for her birthday and I have a ton of pictures from it that I need to post. That was a great thing! She had a blast. Kendall and Kate came over for a last minute sleepover. The girls had a blast making cupcakes and decorating them. Making candy necklaces, and watching a movie. They played nonstop and didn't go to bed until about midnight!! I had a grouchy girl the next morning. :)

Now, her friend Charlotte is spending the night tonight. This has become a new thing that Lucy is always asking for. She is LOVING this sleepover thing. It's so fun to watch her grow up. I was so mad at the situation with the TV and felt so bad for being so mad at her. She's three and doesn't understand expenses and such. I was really hard on her and sometimes I forget she's only three. I expect her to act more grown up sometimes and understand, but I also need to remember to let her be a little girl. She keeps saying the funniest things so I'll have to keep up on the Lucy-isms more.

Kyle is getting BIG! He's got the chunkiest cheeks ever and is so stinkin' cute. He's almost rolling over. So close. He is reaching for toys and he chews like crazy. I'm convinced he's teething. Maybe a tooth won't come for awhile, but he's gnawing on my finger and his burp clothes and toys. It will be fun when he starts crawling and getting into things too! :) I'll have to re-baby proof my house. I need to get the kids' pictures taken really bad. Lucy hasn't had hers professionally taken since before she was one. Even if it's at JC Penny or something. Or Sears or El Cheapo. :)

I took Lucy to Disney On Ice compliments of Grandma Jan!! It was AWESOME!!!!!!! They did a beautiful job and the costumes were amazing. I took a million pictures and I basically watched the show through the camera screen. Lucy loved it. She is totally obsessed with Minnie and Mickey Mouse now. I've taught her a few little songs and she is seriously, no joke, obsessed. :) I'm totally going to write a comment on disneyonice.com This show was incredible and if it comes to a town near you, I highly suggest going. Okay, I think I liked it more than Lucy. ha ha

Some more news is that I'm now a Pampered Chef Consultant. I'm super excited!!!!! So those of you out there who want to host a party...by all mean, I'm your gal. :) There are a lot of reasons why I want to do it. Mainly, the market sucks and mortgages aren't cutting it. So I've stepped up and got a "job." I put that in quotes because really, I am looking forward to working. It's really not a job. It's fun! I get to meet a bunch of new people and just show em the goods. I can still be at home which is my ultimate goal. So I can do this at night at weekends while Drew watches the kids. I already have my four required parties set up so as long as they are at least $150, then I can just be done if I feel like this isn't working for me. Most parties average around $500 so I'm not too worried about making my quota. :) I basically got a bunch of super awesome stuff in the start up kit for $55.00 I used my show credit when I hosted so the kit cost me next to nothing. At any rate, like I said you blog stalkers you...if you want to order something or host a party, let me know! :)

Well, there has been so much more but I need to get the girls to bed and finish watching ER while I bawl. It's a sad episode tonight. But then I'll watch The Office and make it alllllll better. Onward and forward.

9 comments:

Alli Blue said...

My eyes are still burning from episode! So sad! My throat was on FIRE!

Steph said...

Sorry things have been stressful lately. Life with kiddos is crazy. I think we should get together for lunch or something, with January too? Let me know.

The Ditts Fam said...

Alli-I totally cried. :) ha ha. We are pretty sappy aren't we.

Steph-Let's plan a lunch or something. What is your schedule like? Are you still working? Let's grab Jan and head out to our old stompin' grounds. (aka Chili's :)) ha ha

Stress is good. Too bad that I EAT when I'm stressed. "I eat my feelings" lol

Sara @ Our Best Bites said...

Oh I so love your new layout! What cute turkeys. And I'm cringing for you about Lucy's TV mishap! That's Eric's nightmare- especially seeing as Tyler is out in the family room as I write watching Kung-Fu panda and hitting furniture. Hmmm...maybe I should go supervise, lol.

That's awesome she's loving sleep overs. Tyler asks almost every day if Cristian can sleep at our house, lol.

Oh, and good luck with the pampered chef stuff too, that's exciting. Did you get me email?? We need to hang out.

Brent, January, and Madelyn said...

I hope that the rest of the month goes well for you! Things will get better.

The Ditts Fam said...

Jan-Did you read Steph's comment? We gotta get together! When you free? Email me!

Kim said...

OK I don't know if you remember me but this is Kim Jenkins. I used to be in your ward...anyhow...I found your blog off of Joleen McKay's website and thought I would check your blog out. Seems like you have a pretty exciting life. Anyhow...just thought I would sy hay. I will check back in the future for more posts. If you want check my blog out at thejenkins5.blogspot.com

The Ditts Fam said...

Hey Steph-add me to your blog invites!! :) I wanna check our your photography site too!

Kim-HEY GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!! Uh...ofcourse I know who you are dork. I remember when you guys stopped by at my garage sale oh so long ago. My foot was broken. You gave me your phone number. It however, never worked...I think you pulled an "Elaine" on me. Seinfeld fan? lol Anyway, what's up!?!! I checked out your blog. I cannot believe how big your kids are. Crazy. Anyway-are you still in the area?

Kim said...

I'm glad you remember me. I think I would have gotten some kind of a complex if you didn't. Anyhow...no we aren't in the Boise area anymore. We are now living in Helena, MT. Jake got a good job up here back in March and I stayed behind with the kids until Kaden was out of school in June and as of July 1 we have all been up here. Anyhow...It's good to at least be able to keep in touch with blogging. You do such a great job!!! Well...I'll write more later!!!